Lockhart Municipal Airport
Down Home Friendly Airport in The Barbecue Capital of Texas!
Welcome Barbecue Lovers & Visitors!
- No Landing Fees - 24 Hour Self-Serve 100LL Fuel
- Ask About Overnight Hangar Space
Airport Statistics - Reported by Martin & Martin Aviation
Aircraft Based at Lockhart
Phone Requests for Hangar Space
- Approximately two per month- Hangar Preference: T-Hangar
- Fueling Station: Locals & Transients
- Hangar Storage of Aircraft
- Flight Instruction
- Re-fueling and Lay-over for Texas Aerial Pipeline & Powerline Inspections Patrol
- Agricultural Crop Dusting
- Corporate Business Flights
- Fly-Ins & Aviation Safety Seminars
- Youth Educational Field Trips
- Aerial Overview for Movie Industry
Businesses Currently Located at Airport
- FBO (Fixed Based Operation) - Martin & Martin Aviation
- Flight Instruction- Stenger Air
Approximate Number of Transients Annually- 400
- Majority of repeat transients flying into Lockhart come for Barbecue- approximately 4 per week. Others fly in for business, real estate and flight training purposes.
- Businesses most benefited from transients - Motels, Restaurants, and Enterprise Rental Cars.
Promotion of Airport
- TxDOT Wingtips Newsletter
- Texas Aviation Association Newsletter
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Magazine
- Landings.com - Aerovents.com - Fly-Ins.com - OpenAirNet.com - AVWeb.com - SouthwestAviator.com - AirNav.com - SkyVector.com - HotelGuides.com - Wikipedia - Newportjets.com - AustinChamber.com - AlltiusDirectory.com