Residential customers may drop off waste at the Environmental Park 130 landfill, located east of SH-130 and north of 1185, at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, unlimited times a year. This service is only available to Lockhart residents (no commercial or industrial drop-offs will be permitted).
To drop off items at the landfill, enter through the gate off 183 service road. Then, present a government issued photo-ID, along with a utility bill as proof of Lockhart residency. Residential customers are limited to a total of six cubic yards of refuse per drop-off. The Environmental Park 130 landfill is open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Questions? Call: (512) 772-5099
Facility Permit Rules:
- All incoming loads must be secured and / or properly covered, enclosed or tarped or they will be subject to an additional surcharge.
- Hazardous wastes are NOT accepted.
- Salvaging & scavenging are prohibited.
- Smoking & open flames are prohibited, except in designated areas.
- Posted speed limits must be obeyed at all times.
- Heavy equipment has the right of way at all times.
Items not allowed in the landfill:
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Used Motor Oil
- Used Oil Filters
- Grease Trap Waste
- Whole Used or Scrap Tires
- Grit Trap Waste
- Refrigerators, Freezers, Air Conditioners and any items containing chlorinated fluorocarbons (CFC)
- Dead animals and/or Slaughterhouse waste
- Liquid Waste from Municipal Sources
- Bulk or noncontainerized liquid waste
- Regulated Hazardous Waste
- Municipal Hazardous Waste from Conditionally Exempt Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB)
- Small Quantity Generators
- Medical Waste
- Out of State Wastes
- Contaminated soil that exceeds 1,500 parts per million (ppm) or a constituent of concern exceeding levels in §335.521(a)(1), Table 1.
- Class 1 Industrial solid wastes, except for wastes that are Class 1 only because of asbestos content.