Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate | COVID-19
For older articles please visit our - Community News Archive
Non-profit contributions, tax notes, zoning change requests, sidewalks, police body-worn cameras and the N. Blanco St. bridge were discussed in Tuesday night’s City Council meeting.
Annual Non-profit Contributions: City Council heard presentations for financial assistance requests from social service agencies. The item will be taken up again in the next Council meeting, June 21st.
Tax Notes: Councilmembers approved an ordinance authorizing the issuance of the City’s tax notes to Irving-based TIB The Independent Bankersbank, as recommended by the City’s Financial Advisor. The City received ten bids from financial institutions for the short-term tax note to finance approximately $4 million of needed equipment and capital projects; which include:
Zoning Change Requests:
Lockhart Police Body Cameras: City Council approved the purchase of body-worn cameras for the Lockhart Police Department using the Texas Governor’s grant funds and 25% grant match from the City.
Sidewalks: Councilmembers took no action on the ordinance establishing public sidewalk maintenance responsibilities and cost-sharing programs for sidewalk reconstruction or repairs. Further discussion on this item will be at the Council’s budget workshop next week.
N. Blanco St. Bridge: Councilmembers approved a resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Local Transportation Project Advance Funding Agreement (AFA) with TxDOT for replacement or rehabilitation of the N. Blanco St. bridge over Town Branch Creek. This agreement requires the City to match 0.5% of the total estimated cost and the remaining 99.5% to be federally funded using the Highway Bridge Replacement and Rehabilitation Program (HBRRP). With this approval, TxDOT will schedule the bridge design and replacement for FY 2026.
City Manager’s Report:
ATTENTION: This is a recap of the highlights of action taken at the June 7, 2022, meeting. The complete agenda can be found by visiting: City of Lockhart, TX (lockhart-tx.org).
City of Lockhart
308 W. San Antonio St.
P.O. Box 239
Lockhart, TX 78644
Phone: (512) 398-3461
Fax: (512) 398-5103
Open Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
CONTACT NUMBER BY DEPARTMENT
(512) 398-3461 City Hall
(512) 376-2475 Utilities
(512) 376-9469 Municipal Court
(512) 398-6452 Public Works
(512) 398-4401 Police Department
(512) 398-2321 Fire Department
(512) 398-3223 Public Library
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
Lew White, Mayor
Angie Gonzales-Sanchez, Mayor Pro-Tem
Brad Westmoreland, Council Member At-Large
Juan Mendoza, Council Member District 1
David Bryant, Council Member District 2
Kara McGregor, Council Member District 3
Jeffry Michelson, Council Member District 4
Copyright © 2016, City of Lockhart, TX
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM