It’s that time of the year again! Lockhart will have its City-wide Bulk Pickup event on Saturday, March 25, at 7 a.m.
This event is FREE and open to Lockhart residents ONLY. Central Texas Refuse (CTR), the City’s solid waste contractor, requires participants to place bulk items at the curb BY 7 a.m. the day of collection.
**The bulk cleanup event DOES NOT include apartment complexes and commercial businesses.
- Non-freon appliances (Please provide two feet of side clearance for appliances)
- Carpeting (Cut and rolled less than 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 40 lbs.)
- Scrap metal (Less than 4 ft. long)
- Wooden fencing material/treated wood (Bundled less than 4 ft. x 4 ft. x 40 lbs. and free of nails, screws, concrete, and metal)
- Freon appliances (Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioner units)**
- Televisions and computers
- Automotive products/fluids
- Hazardous chemicals
- Demolition/construction debris or metal fencing
- Batteries, ammunition, or explosives
- Concrete, rocks, dirt and sand, masonry
- Railroad tie lumber
- Pianos, hot tubs, motorcycles, vehicle parts, or items larger than a normal size appliance
- Tree limbs and brush
Non-eligible items and items placed at the curb after 7 a.m. the day of bulk pickup will be the residents’ responsibility to discard. When placing items, please do not block the sidewalk!
**Freon appliances that are cleared of freon and tagged by certified or licensed technician will be picked up. For freon appliance recycling services, contact Appliance Collector (512) 650-0528.
If you have any questions or encounter any pickup issues, please contact Central Texas Refuse Customer Service at (512) 243-2833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.