Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate | COVID-19
Boards and Commissions
Lockhart offers numerous ways for its citizens to become actively involved in city government business by applying to serve on one of many boards or commissions.
The following is information providing a list of Rules for qualifications for individuals to serve on a City of Lockhart board/commission as adopted by the Lockhart City Council on February 15, 2022:
Section 2-209 of the Lockhart Code of Ordinances. - Rules for qualifications and appointment.
The city council hereby sets the following rules:
(a) Except as may be established by existing city ordinances or resolutions, the process for selecting members shall be open to all Lockhart citizens, who must apply for appointment, to include those applying for reappointment. Reappointment shall not be deemed automatic.
(b) Council shall seek to appoint the most qualified or best persons available, while also respecting the need for diverse community opinions.
(c) The qualifications for members of boards and commissions, except special qualifications for service on a particular board or commission, are as follows:
1. Appointees must each be a resident of the State of Texas and a resident of the City of Lockhart for at least twelve (12) consecutive months preceding their appointment unless a particular board’s or commission’s composition or state law allows for membership by a non-resident of the City.
2. The City Council shall have the right, but not the duty, to appoint up to two members who are not city residents but who are residents of Caldwell County to the Lockhart Airport Advisory Board, the Eugene Clark Library Board, and the construction board of appeals.
3. Appointees shall be qualified voters in the City of Lockhart or, if not a resident of the City, of Caldwell County.
4. Appointees shall not have been removed from another city board or commission because of failure to attend meetings or for cause within the last three years.
5. No member of a board or commission, except the Lockhart Economic Development Corporation, may remain in his or her position after being elected to City Council.
6. A member who is required to be a resident of the city (or county when applicable) when appointed and who thereafter moves his or her primary residence outside of the corporate limits of Lockhart (or county when applicable) vacates his or her position on a board of commission on the date the residency changes.
7. Any member of a board or commission who is absent from three consecutive regular meetings, or any four non-consecutive regular meetings of the board or commission during any twelve-month period, shall forfeit his or her position and the vacancy occurring shall be declared and filled by the Council.
8. Members must maintain their qualifications while serving on a board or commission
(d) No member of any appointed body shall serve on more than one quasi-judicial or advisory board or commission.
(e) No appointed body shall deviate from its charge, deliberate items not on its agendas, or speak for the council or City of Lockhart without council authorization.
(f) Members appointed serve without compensation.
As a vacancy occurs, it is noted in the board/commission section below.
To learn more about what each of these boards and commissions does and what is required to serve,click here.
If you are interested in applying please complete the application below and submit to City Secretary Connie Constancio.
Jayson "Tex" Cordova
Vacancy (District 1)
Lockhart Economic Development Corporation
Juan Alvarez, Jr.
Alan Fielder, Chair
Board of Adjustment
Mike Annas , Vice-Chair
Laura Cline, Chair
Electric Board of Review
Joe Colley, Chair
Historical Preservation Commission
John Lairsen, Vice-Chair
Ronda Reagan. Chair
VACANT-At Large Position
Civil Service Commission
Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT) Advisory Board
Planning & Zoning Commission
Manuel Oliva, Vice-Chair
Dr. Ronald Peterson
Philip Ruiz, Chair
Chris St. Leger
- Impact Fee Advisory Committee
City of Lockhart
308 W. San Antonio St.
P.O. Box 239
Lockhart, TX 78644
Phone: (512) 398-3461
Fax: (512) 398-5103
Open Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
CONTACT NUMBER BY DEPARTMENT
(512) 398-3461 City Hall
(512) 376-2475 Utilities
(512) 376-9469 Municipal Court
(512) 398-6452 Public Works
(512) 398-4401 Police Department
(512) 398-2321 Fire Department
(512) 398-3223 Public Library
MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS
Lew White, Mayor
Angie Gonzales-Sanchez, Mayor Pro-Tem
Brad Westmoreland, Council Member At-Large
Juan Mendoza, Council Member District 1
David Bryant, Council Member District 2
Kara McGregor, Council Member District 3
Jeffry Michelson, Council Member District 4
Copyright © 2016, City of Lockhart, TX
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM